MAPLE INN GAZETTE
|THE RED MAPLE INN partners with SALEM CROSS INN|
FABULOUS FIREPLACE FEAST!!
Treat yourself to a one-of-a-kind getaway. Check into one of our luxurious rooms, then head off to Salem Cross Inn for their fabulous fireplace feast. Relax by the fire or lend a hand as dinner is prepared for you in colonial style. Stir the chowder as it bubbles in a cast iron cauldron. See your prime rib, roasted "to a turn" as the only known Roasting Jack still operating in America slowly rotates over a crackling fire of wild cherry logs. While your dinner cooks to perfection, enjoy a horse drawn wagon or sleigh ride through the woods and over the rolling meadows of the Inn's pristine 600 acres. Shake off the chill with warm mulled wine or cider upon your return. After dinner, beware the brimming bowl of freshly whipped cream ~ the perfect compliment to New England's Best Apple Pie.
After dinner it's back to The Red Maple Inn and your elegant accommodations. In the morning, wake up to our signature gourmet three-course breakfast. One night's accommodation and Fireplace Feast for two from $253.00 plus tax and service. New Year's Eve Feast Packages from $319.00 plus tax and service. No additional charges or tipping required. One Call Does It All!
15% Discount off 2nd night stay with any Feast Package.
MENU: Savories, Cheese Spread, Mulled Wine & Cider, Chowder of the Sea, Homemade Rolls & Muffins, Fireplace Roasted Prime Rib, Herb-roasted Potatoes, Spinach Pie, Butternut Squash, New England's Best Apple Pie with Freshly Whipped Cream. During Lent a fish entree may be pre-ordered.
INCLUDES: Pie making, mulling and chowder demonstrations, Horsedrawn wagon or sleigh ride (weather permitting). Casual dress a must!
November 1, 8, 15, 16, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30
December 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 19, 20, 21,26, 27, 28
New Year's Eve Dec 31 ~ Special Pricing
January 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31
February 1, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 27, 28
March 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21
April 4, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26
Friday Feasts Arrive 6:30, Feast Begins at 8pm
Saturday Feasts Arrive 5:30, Feast Begins at 7pm
Sunday Feasts Arrive 12:30, Feast Begins at 2pm
New Years Eve Arrive 6:30, Feast Begins at 8pm
Hors d'oeuvres ~ Champagne Toast ~ Music ~ Choice of Salmon or Prime Rib
Looking for something really special to do with our family and friends during the Christmas season? Start a new tradition with "Christmas Memories" at Salem Cross Inn. Enjoy a play based on Dylan Thomas' "A Child's Christmas in Wales." Listen to the Stageloft Repertory Theater performers dressed in 19th century costumes sing over 20 carols. Better yet, sing along with them and rekindle memories of Christmases past while making memories of the Christmas present. The actors circulate throughout the room so everyone feels like a part of the festivities.
A traditional New England turkey dinner starts with a tossed garden salad, home-made squash muffins and dinner rolls. Indulge yourself with fresh, moist turkey with Grandma's traditional bread stuffing, giblet gravy, real whipped potatoes, and fresh butternut squash. Complete the meal with a scoop of peppermint stick ice cream rolled in chocolate cake crumbs, topped with Salem Cross Inn's famous hot fudge, whipped cream, and a candy cane! YUM! Join in the wassail toast and raise a glass to your new tradition. The decorations throughout the building are a joy to see. Bring the family, bring your friends, carve out some time for yourself. "Christmas Memories" are a joy to everyone!
~2014 DATES & TIMES~
Dec 6 ~ 2:30pm
Dec 7 ~ 12:30 & 4:00 pm
Dec 13 ~ 2:30
Dec 14 ~ 12:30 & 3:30pm
Dec 20 ~ 11:30pm with SANTA! Arrive 10:45 Please
Dec 20 ~ 2:45
PLAN TO ARRIVE AT LEAST 30 MINS. PRIOR TO START TIME
Overnight packages start at $249 + tax per couple, and include our signature gourmet breakfast menu the next morning. 10% Discount off 2nd night stay. One Call Does It All!
MURDER MYSTERY DINNER THEATER
Check Back for 2015 Dates and Programs
| 12 Reasons to Visit The Red Maple Inn |
1. Elegant Accommodations, Luxurious Linens, Personal and Friendly Service, and Gourmet Breakfasts that will linger in your food memories.
2. Take a picnic lunch and swim at our Lake, only a ten minute stroll from the Inn, or visit the beautiful Quabbin Reservoir. Play a round of golf at nearby Leicester Country Club, or in winter enjoy skiing at Wachusett Mountain, only 45 minutes away.
3. Old Sturbridge Village comes alive each season with events from Morning 'til Night.
4. Antiquing, Antiquing, Antiquing ! The fabulous Brimfield Antique Fair every May, July & September.
5. Take in the Old Masters and cutting edge new artists at the Worcester Art Museum, or step back in time at the unique Higgins Armory Museum.
6. Thrill to music, opera and Broadway at the Hanover Theatre and at historic Mechanics Hall.
7. Fireplace Feasts, Drover's Roasts, Christmas Memories and and Murder Mystery dinners at Salem Cross Inn.
8. Contemplate the beauty of St. Joseph's Abbey and take home a jar of their famous Trappist Preserves.
9. Visit a local farm stand, vineyard or Artisanal brewery. Sip hot cider, sample a fresh apple dumpling, and pick your own apples at nearby Brookfield Orchards.
10. Visit the world famous Tower Hill Botanical Garden, open year-round with the most amazing flower displays.
11. Take a day trip to historic Stockbrige and visit a "kinder, gentler" time at the Norman Rockwell Museum.
12. Relax, restore and rejuvenate, read a book, listen to jazz, sip a beverage under our ancient towering evergreens or inside in the Club Room. Peace and quiet never tasted this good!
| Breakfast Sample Menu|
Chef's Fruit Course du Jour
Red Maple Inn Fresh-Baked Muffins
"La Greque" Omelet: Sautéed Spinach & Creamy Feta Cheese
"La Français" Omelet: Imported Double Cream Brie & Sautéed Mushrooms
"La Provençale" Omelet: Sun-dried Tomatoses with Herbed Goat Cheese
Ham & Cheddar Scramble
"Frittata Toscana" Individual Egg Soufflé with Fire-Roasted Red Peppers, Italian Sausge, Fresh Broccoli & Mozzarella
"Pumpkin Pie" French Toast
"Caramel Apple" French Toast
Spiced Pear French Toast
"Our Own Blueberries" French Toast
Omelets, Scramble & Frittatas are served with Fresh Local Sausage, Flaky All-Butter Croissants, Jams & Preserves from St. Joseph's Abbey & Red Maple Inn Herb-Roasted Potatoes
| Gift Certificates Now Available |
Give the romantic gift that's good all year long. Treat your loved ones to a renewing, relaxing, and restoring bed and breakfast getaway! Gift certificates may be purchased starting at $50. Plan your getaway now - a great gift idea for yourself, your loved one, friends, Mom and Dad, the bride & groom, the anniversary couple, everyone on your list! Call THE RED MAPLE INN now, Shari can help you put together a personalized gift certificate that is right for you at 508-885-9205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
| Brimfield Antique Fair And The Red Maple Inn! |
Where to stay for Brimfield, the thrice-yearly antiquing extravaganza? The Red Maple Inn is Traditional Home magazine's first choice in their June-July 2005 issue, recommended by the Boston Globe October 1, 2006, Travel Section, and "Editors' Choice" in the 2007 Yankee Magazine Travel Guide to New England! Need we say more?
Enjoy the Red Maple Inn, a 220 year old estate with all the elegant antiques, furnishings, exquisite linens, and the special designer touches that make the Brimfield experience even more enjoyable. Each afternoon we invite our guests to a get-together party with lovely finger foods and thirst quenchers too! Dinner is served each night during Brimfield with Chef Shari Alexander´s inspired dishes from a recent trip to Europe. Paella lovers...Shari offers this seafood and saffron rice specialty from Southern Spain as one of the Inn´s specialties!!!