Yankee Magazine's Editors' Choice for Romance, Luxury, and Central Massachusetts Culinary Destination: The Red Maple Inn, a romantic colonial-era estate listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Our 15 room mansion, built circa 1780, features six deluxe guest accommodations appointed with period antiques and all modern amenities, including private bathrooms, air-conditioning, color cable television with DVD players, 1500+ title DVD Library and complimentary high-speed wireless internet access. Private dining by advance reservation is available for that special occasion, from two to twenty-four. Rehearsal dinners, intimate and elegant wedding receptions. Romantic and very private Honeymoon Cottage. Lovely perennial gardens, ancient stone walls and towering evergreens surround the estate which is tucked into the heart of Spencer's Historic District. Original wide-board pumpkin pine floors, chair rails and crown moldings have been lovingly restored to their original beauty. Indulge yourself on silky 350-count hand-ironed cotton sheets for the ultimate night's sleep. Sip a glass of wine in the Club Room (BYOB)or listen to soft jazz by the fire in our beautiful parlor. Enjoy sumptuous Country Breakfasts by the crackling Beehive Fireplace, surrounded by our newly commissioned Murals by renowned artist and muralist, John Celio.
• Guest Hospitality Stations offer complimentary self-service coffee and tea 24 hours a day, as well as soda, bottled water, cookies and assorted snacks for sale on the "honor" system.
• Each guest room is air conditioned and features a decorative fireplace and appropriate designer touches. The Inn has free wireless internet access, color cable TV with DVD players, and access to our 1000+ title DVD film library.
• Luxurious linens are 350 count Egyptian Cotton with the feel of silk. Your choice of fluffy down or hypo-allergenic pillows in every room.
• Hair dryer, iron and ironing board available in each room for your use.
• Private bathrooms with TRESemmé amenities, including shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and skin cream.
• Our library is the perfect place to curl up in front of the fireplace and read a good book or play a game of Chess or Scrabble.
• Please inquire about Special Events & Packages: Dinner and A Movie (shown in our private wine cellar/screening room "Hollywood & Vine"), New Year's Eve, Salem Cross Fireplace Feasts, Old Sturbridge Events, Cooking Classes, Elegant Intimate Weddings and Receptions, and Private Dining for that Special Birthday or Anniversary.
• Area Attractions: Old Sturbridge Village, Foothills Theatre, Quabbin Reservoir, Brookfield Orchards, Brimfield "The Antique Capital of the World!", Saint Joseph's Abbey, Worcester Art Museum, Higgins Armory Museum, Antiquing, Skiing (just an hour away), biking & hiking.
• Easy Day trips to Boston, historic Stockbridge, The Berkshires, The Norman Rockwell Museum, & Tanglewood.
We have our own page on BedandBreakfastsNow.com, which is a Hotel, Guest House and tourist network, which includes Spencer Motel directory. We have our own page at The Red Maple Inn